Saturday, March 2, 2013

WriYe Blogging Circle 2013: Inspiration (January)

As much as I want to write mind blowing stuff about the topic, I can't. Inspiration is like lightning. It strikes, never in the same way tiwce. And I better write it down or it rolls away like... no, thunder isn't right. Boo metaphor. You suck.  Anyways, there are questions and I'm going to answer them. Other blog posts might go another way but this is the way this one wrote itself. Deal. So, roll them on like a boss. Or drum roll. Whatever really works in the end.


Where do you get your initial spark of inspiration?
See lightning metaphor/simile thing. Oh, for fanfiction, it is more along the lines of "..what if?". Example: Sucky ending of X-Men: First Class where it ends with the clear lines drawn of Charles vs Erik. Since, it was a reboot, I thought we'd have a MORE ORIGINAL ENDING YOU WRITERS. *takes a breath* So, that needed the "...what if?" of Erik taking Charles home to be helped and killing Moira. Or have Van Helsing having a happy ending. And so on and so forth. So, lightning for original and "what if" for fanfic.


Is it from anything important?
I...don't know? Maybe when it is from something outside of me instead of my mind. Like the story idea from a Nightwish song. Or intertwining 3 different movies that Jeremy Renner is in (Bourne Legacy, M:I 4, and Avengers) because the characters feel like they could all be the same person. Maybe that's important. Otherwise, I dunno.


What else about inspiration intrigues you?
I'd love to know more about how and why inspiration works. However that probably includes brain scans and scientific words.


What is your advice to others?
Read newspapers. Take a walk. Listen to music. And always ask "what if?".

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...