Sunday, March 10, 2013

WriYe Blogging Circle: Rhythm (February)

Poetry has an obvious rhythm but so can prose.  Writing can be so musical as, well, music writing.  What type of cadence do you find in your own writing?  Are you short and choppy?  Long and lyrical?  And why is your way better than anyone else?

The following is in verse because I am, at my core, a geek and a poet.  Also, I am awesome; the end.


My cadence, you ask,
Is one to be marched to.
Even though I work on
Becoming something else,
The road is long and never ending
But for the moment, it is,
The sound of the drum beat.

Short and choppy, to me,
Sounds more like real life
But is not really for me.
I'd like to go on and and on
And on some more
But then I realize that sucks too.
The balance is somewhere between the
Two and is like reaching some point of
Nirvana - lyrical yet short.

My way is the best
But only for me
And, as said before,
Ever changing
Like the sea.
For I must have a silly metaphor
Or simile
In every blogging circle
Post that I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...