Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Poetry

I'm going to try something out, don't know how long it'll continue, but I'll try to keep it up.  Some background first.

Around 2005/2006, I took some creative writing classes and found that I really liked poetry.  I like poetry enough to consider becoming a full time poet instead of writing novels.  However, novels won out but I love the way that poetry makes us feel.  There's music in the words of poetry, considering that is our music in the end, and I like writing it.  With that short background, every Tuesday (until I forget) is going to be Poetry Corner or Poet Tuesday or something catchy.  I'll come up with an official title later.  For now, have some poetry.


Winter
At the start, it is just
A whisper against bare trees
Their skeleton arms reaching up
To skies of purple light.
It is easy to sleep then
With the whisper lulling again
Windows, kissing them softly.
As it passes, the light dies until
A long night with a long vigil
The fires burning bright while
The faithful dance in celebration.
It is harder to sleep then
Whispers turning into screaming rattles
Where every small bump turns into nightmares.
And it passes with
A new day, each colder than the one before.
The cold breaks
The south wind blows
It is easier to sleep again
With new buds popping out of snow
With the promise of rebirth
At the start, it is just.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...