Tuesday, May 31, 2016

End of the Month: Just What Liz Has Been Doing? (Warning: Rambling)

It feels like procrastinating but it's more of a dragging my feet.  I'm not working the projects that I want to be working.  I have to wait on one, because it's a month theme challenge in July for zombies, and the other one... I want a good sit down with the edits of book one before I dive into book two.  Plus there's the fact that I don't know where my plot is going just yet.  Fun times.

Getting back into what I'm supposed to be doing... I don't know.  It's not hitting a wall, it's more that I'm not sure if I'm writing what I should be writing.  I like the plots of both stories but maybe it's a rut.  Maybe I should get off my butt and work out the mystery novel.  Maybe I'm spending too much time in fantasy that I'm bored with it.  I doubt that, as I like living and breathing fantasy, so maybe it's that I'm being too cliche-y.

Note on cliches - they're there because they work.  If they didn't, then they wouldn't be cliches.  However, this is not getting into how cliches are actually a wonderful thing for novels because that's a separate post.  Maybe Friday.

Anyways, I did get some work done on Daughter of the Scribe (fantasy with thieves woo) and I did start Devil's Daughter.  I sense a theme going on here too but that's where my mind is at the moment.  Even though they both have daughter in the title, they're vastly different.  Daughter of the Scribe deals with the main female character being forced into an arranged marriage and running off to join a band of thieves.  She didn't plan on that, but I did, and there's fantasy-ish elements in it.  Mostly dragons.

Maybe it's that I'm having a meh on dragons.  I might have to scratch the dragons part and come up with something else.  Now that?  That would be a good idea.  Rambling has it's uses, even though you all are probably rolling your eyes at me.

As for Devil's Daughter... why yes, it's a literal title.  It's also a three part stand alone that I don't have the plot for the last act on, aside from knowing they save the world.  Or maybe they don't.  I haven't decided yet, but if they don't save the world, it might not be a stand alone anymore.  Also, what's the point of the book if they don't?  Other than it being dark and I don't like writing dark things for dark sake.  There needs to be a better reason for not doing something other than apathy.  Even if that was the theme of my month.

So, those were my two May projects of the month.  I didn't do any editing, even though I've got loads of editing to do in other projects.  I didn't do any plotting, save for a bit of plot rambling and basic stats, and I kind of miss it.  I'm going to attempt to have a more structured month in June with goals and all.  We'll see if it comes to pass.  I mean, I have two freaking planners.  I should be able to give my life structure and then follow it.  Maybe.

Anywho, dear readers, how did your May go productivity wise?  Were you keeping up with your projects and getting words down?  Or were you like me, a snail, slowly inching towards the end?  Either way, congrats on getting something done this month - even if it was just a chapter.  A chapter is a big thing in the life of a writer, even if it comes with having to edit it once the novel is completely done.

Until next time - Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...