Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Bout of Books Update: Monday and Tuesday

I know I said I'd update once a day, but we all knew how that was going to go. Also, life kind of exploded. I'm working on different projects, again, querying, and trying to figure out if I want to invest in training that might lead to a job. It's on the expensive side, but, you know, it would be an awesome opportunity. So, yeah, a lot on the mental plate at the moment.

I'm still slugging through Will Grayson, Will Grayson. I can't decide what is wrong about the book, but there's something off. I first thought it was my age being so different than the characters and who the audience is supposed to be. However, as I thought on that, I realized it was a bunch of shit. I've read a good amount of fiction that is not for my age group and I've never felt like I was an outsider listening in on a conversation. I always felt that I was one of the people in the group of the main characters. It could be that I'm just not meshing with the authors' writing style, but I don't know. I'm not even half way through the book, but I'm going to keep on trying with it.

After I get some writing in, I'm going to start Beneath a Scarlet Sky and hope for the best. It seems really good and I think I could burn through it in a day or two. The after effects of an English Lit degree is that you can burn through thick books without thinking about it while retaining all the useful info. It's like having a superpower. A boring superpower, but a superpower nonetheless. After or during that, I'll probably start Moriarty because I'm itching to start that one and there's no reason I can't be reading three books at once.

So that's an extremely quick update on the reading front at the moment. I'll be back tomorrow with Wednesday's progress. Until then, happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...