Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Point of No Return

At the time of writing this post, I am at chapter 27 out of 30 of my novel.  Including my current chapter, I have four more to write and then I can finally edit this bad boy.  This is great, mostly because I really wanted to shop the novel around this year and get it published for release in late 2015 / early 2016.  In order to do that, I have to edit it and get it out to readers who will tell me if it's a good story and so on.  The hard deadline to be finished writing, because I completely missed the other deadline of having it completely done by January 31st, is this Saturday.

Yep, Saturday.  By the end of the day.  This might be moved to Sunday, if only due to family reasons that I will not get into here.  That's only because it is not my news to share and I am not sure if they want those reasons spread.  However, next week Monday, I will be hard core editing and then putting the editing marks into the word files.  Also with a blank notebook because I'll need to write down if there are plot holes.

But this is the point of no return because, really, it is the end.  The end of everything.  And so on.  It's really not.  It's the end of the novel and I'm really afraid of it for no good reason.  I think it's because it's something that's new.  New is scary but it's also good.  I have to remember the end of that last sentence.  It is also good.  Repeat that after me - It Is Also Good.  Mantra time.  Huuuuummmm.

So, there's that.  Apologies for there being nothing on Monday but... it was Monday?  And I didn't know what to really talk about?  So, yeah, sorry for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...