Friday, June 17, 2016

Your Friday Five

Hello again to the Friday Five.  The following are important stories that happened in the week to things that I think you might want to know to sometimes bizarre.

1. Pulse, Orlando: Deadliest Mass Shooting to Date.  That's an updated article and my heart goes out to the families of those lost and the victims who are trying to heal.  Here's one of the ways to help - GoFundMe to Support Victims of Pulse Shooting - but, if you can and live in the Orlando area or Florida in general, please go give blood.

2. Dogs Probably Hate Hugs from self.com.  The funny thing is that Cookie is the complete opposite.  She leans into me, not turning away, there's no licking, and she's happy to be held.  Then again, she's a Cavachon and half of her is lap dog.  Well, no, all of her is lap dog and wanting attention.  Brat (said with love).

3. In the UK: Supreme Court to Hear Wheelchair vs Buggy Case.  Buggy meaning stroller but this is so foreign to me.  Where I live, it's a law that you have to give up your seat if someone disabled comes on if you're sitting in that area of the bus.  I wonder if there was ever a case similar to this and that's where it comes from.  It's something to wander down the Google hole with over the weekend.

4. If you're in Philadelphia, there's now a soda tax.  As someone who used to drink soda, I think this is strange and not needed.  You get taxed on so much depending on where you live and it can be expensive - Cook County, where I live, is up to 11% - so I don't like it.  As something that could possibly get people to be healthier and drink less soda... I think it's going to fail.  People are either going to want to drink soda or not drink soda.  I don't want to, as it's just not what I do anymore, but thinking that making people pay more money thinking they'll stop drinking the stuff?  Well, people still smoke and taxes on cigarettes are insane.

5.

via GIPHY

Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...