Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Writer Style

Me?  I go between jeans and a t-shirt or my PJs when writing.  You've got to be comfy or you're not going to be happy when writing.  If comfy is dressing up, then dress up, but some nice slouchy jeans, a loose t-shirt, and I'm happy.

Oh, you mean something else.  Well, most do.  Writing style can mean what you're wearing when you write or how you write.  Since we've got one out of the way, let's go to the second part of how I write.

I... well, sometimes I write a lot like I write here on the blog.  I like to think that this style is a bit of conversation more than throwing information at you.  I've been known to throw information at people in my novel, aka a info dump, which is not the best thing to do.  Tuesday's post is an example of an info dump, where I gave you all that information, but not much of anything else until near the end.  It's something you want to get away from as a writer but it's also not the worst thing to get out and then edit down.

Then there are times when I write when my fingers cannot catch up to my brain no matter what I do.  It's messy and I try to clean it up, but there are things that escape my attention.  It's where my beta readers send it back and say "Liz, you need to work on your grammar" because it's true.  I'm not known for crisp clean grammar, which is why I have readers and an editor and everything else.  So, again, not the worst thing in the world, but you've got to be willing to edit.

I guess that's what I'm coming down to.  No matter what you do, you're going to have to edit.  It's a way of life, a circle of writing if you will, and one that's it's hard to step out of.  So, dear readers, what is your writing style?  Clothing or otherwise.

Until next time, keep on writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...