Thursday, June 30, 2016

End of Month Report: Reworking Plot

Hey guys.  It's the end of another month, so I thought I would give you a look in to what I've been doing all this month.  I will say that it doesn't feel like a lot, but sometimes, the biggest things you do with your writing aren't the things that give you the most word count.  Or takes up the most time.  Sometimes the biggest thing that you can do with your writing is to rework what you have done when you hit a snag.

This month, I've been trying to write Daughter of the Scribe.  It's been slow going and I couldn't put my finger on why.  I thought it was myself, that I simply didn't want to write the story and to move onto something else, but then I sat down with my plot as it was.  I realized that my characters were flat in a way where I didn't care about what happened to them and that's dangerous.  I reworked my main character and the characters around her and suddenly, they were more interesting.  However, in doing that, I then had to change my plot.  I had to change the hows and whys of what they were doing and the end game.  However, I feel a lot happier with my plot and more willing to pick it up to write.  I'm interested in the characters again and I want to tell the story.

You might notice that I didn't take my own advice from You vs the Blinking Cursor.  That commonly happens as it probably does with all writers.

The other thing I've been doing, other than keeping up with blog posts to entertain everyone (at least I hope they're entertaining) is getting ready for Camp NaNoWriMo.  I've got my crazy zombie fantasy novel ready to go and I'm looking forward to writing that in July.  I've had the thought of doing this project for a while, due to the fact that I like to write zombies in July due to a writing challenge with my friends called Zombie July, so this has been in the works.  So I did a lot of world building and character building, making sure the plot fits, and I'm nearly ready.  I just have to finish the outline but I'll be ready when the starting gun goes off.

So that's basically been the month of June for me.  Slowly writing, trying to get back into the idea of writing everyday, and I'm going to build on that for July.  Hopefully, it'll get me back into the groove of writing long term and I'll have more projects done.  Until next time, keep on writing and feel free to share in the comments or on Facebook or Twitter, how your month went writing wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...