Friday, August 5, 2016

Friday Five: Olympics!

Who's excited?!

1. Full Schedule of all Olympic events and how to watch them.  I'm looking forward to fencing - it's my outside of the mainstream event that I love (curling in winter Olympics) - and the more mainstream like swimming and gymnastics.  I'll be watching as much as I can, to be honest.

2. For all the talk about the Zika virus and the Olympics, it turns out there's not that big of a risk anymore.  To be fair, Rio's going into winter, so of course it's down.  Bugs usually go away in winter after all.

3. Here's the feeling old part of the Friday Five - it's been 20 years since the Magnificent Seven.  For everyone who doesn't know, they were the first team to win gold for the US in gymnastics.  That team was Amanda Borden, Amy Chow, Dominique Dawes, Shannon Miller, Dominique Moceanu, Jaycie Phelps, and Kerri Strug.  Of all seven, if you remember them, you probably remember Kerri Strug's vault the most.  Here's a refresher if you don't: 



4. Here's some heroes in waiting that could win a first time medal for their countries.  My money is on Salome Nyirarukundo from Rwanda for the 10,000m race that'll run on August 12th.  I'll be watching or streaming.

5. Also, it's not just August that has the Olympic games.  Paraolympics start up September 7th to 18th - opening wheelchair rugby has Australia vs Great Britain.

Bonus: This is why you should always double check if you'll be roaming or not, even if you're gold medal Olympic gymnast Kohei Uchimura.  At least his phone company was nice enough to cut it down to $30 instead of what it was.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...