Saturday, January 6, 2018

What I'm Reading in January

source: fanpop

Alright, so let's get to what I'm reading in January! Now, this is not going to be everything I'm reading in January. I sometimes swap books in and out, depending on how they're holding my interest, and I might move something I started reading in January to finish in a different month. With that out of the way, let's get into what I'm reading.
  • The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro - A couple goes to find their son that they haven't seen in years and there's a tag of dragons with it. I loved Never Let Me Go and my friend Amanda recommended this, so I'm thinking it's a good follow up read of the author.
  • Turtles All the Way Down by John Green - My friend (and editor!) erin basically went, in all caps, you have to read this. She's rarely ever wrong on good books when John Green is involved, so we'll give this one a shot too.
  • Gentlemen and Players by Joanne Harris - This, while sounding amazing, might end up on my DNF (did not finish) list. I read Chocolat and it is not one of my favorite books. I always like to give an author another try before I swear them off completely due to incapability in narrative and other things. The only author that I have not given a second chance to is George R.R. Martin and he knows what he did. 
  • Unmentionable : The Victorian Lady's Guide To Sex, Marriage, And Manners by Therese Oneill - This is my research book of the month. I like reading one book where I break out a notebook and take notes about it for a future book setting.
  • Eaters of the Dead by Michael Crichton - I still don't know how I haven't already read this book. When I was a teenager, I devoured so much of his work and multiple times too. So this will be a nice throwback to my teenage years.
  • The Devil In The White City : Murder, Magic, And Madness At The Fair That Changed America by Erik Larson - I've been told I need to read this for a few years now. So I'm going to read it already. That's the long and short of the story for this one.
  • Mrs. Sherlock Holmes : The True Story Of New York's City's Greatest Female Detective And The 1917 Missing Girl Case That Captivated A Nation by Brad Ricca - My friend Katie recommended it to me for reasons that I don't remember. Or maybe I saw it on her Facebook or Goodreads feed and thought it sounded good. Either way, it's on the list to be read this month.
So that's the reading list for the month. It seems like a lot, but considering how I want to pick back up how I used to read, it doesn't feel like too much. Time will tell and I wish you all happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...