Saturday, September 3, 2016

Saturday Links!

Hey everyone!  We're starting the NaNoWriMo prep tomorrow but I thought I'd share some links ahead of time.  Below is just a few links of sites that have helped me in the past and will probably help me again in the future.  I hope that they help you and that you have a great Saturday.

Fantasy Worldbuilding Questions By Patricia C. Wrede - This is an extreme, in depth, world building website with helpful tips and exercises.  It is geared towards fantasy and completely building a world from scratch but I've found it helpful when doing an AU Earth setting as well.  Especially when you get into the cultural settings because, even though you have a starting point with AU Earth, things change due to other things being in the world.  Or a change in the timeline because of what you're doing.  So while you might not want to do the full 30 days, it is great for when you need to figure out building in the world you're playing in.  This website helps to break it down into a 30 days challenge as well as gives you different file types to be able to carry around the guide with you.

World Building Through Character - I've found this helpful when I've got the world already set up but I need a little bit more insight.  It focused on five categories that you can think of as little or as much as you want.  Again, this is better for either a short story or if you're working on a sequel where the world is completely set up.  Or even if you're working on a story set in the real world and you don't need to build it up from scratch.

ThrillWriting - For all your thriller / mystery / needing your heroine to save herself.  I love this for when I'm struggling with plot, like how someone could slip out of handcuffs, and this had the answer.  There's a lot of nifty things to read on the website that can help with writing, especially if you're like me and never done things like your character is doing, so I find it great for during writing.  It can also be done with plotting before you start writing as well.

Seventh Sanctum - I believe I've shared this before but I'm going to again. This is a great generator website that can help with everything from names to character descriptions to other things that you might or might not need. This falls into the helpful world building as well as helping you figure out a character when writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...