Friday, October 28, 2016

Friday Five: Podcasts of Note

Thought I'd bring this back for a little bit of fun before we head into November. Also, you might find these a bit better while writing as you just have to listen to them. You don't really need to spit your attention to two screens. All of these can be found on iTunes but I cannot say if they are on Soundcloud or other ways of listening to podcasts. I will say that I've got a lot of political podcasts that I listen to, with one listed as the bonus #6 because I feel it needs to be highlighted, but, for the most part, they're not listed here. If you want to know what I'm listening to political wise, hit me up in the comments below, Facebook, or Twitter.

1. Coffee with Chrachel: Their iTunes description says "the only thing filtered is the coffee" and that's so true. They talk about everything and anything. I love listening to them and find myself laughing along because they're funny. I recommend this podcast, especially when you're feeling down, as they get me laughing and I can't remember what I was feeling bad about. It's nice to listen to when writing, even if I have to stop and rewind to make sure that I heard something right. Definitely check it out.

2. Good Job Brain!: This is a trivia show centering around different themes. Every five or so episodes, they do an all quiz bonanza. It's fun to listen to, although sometimes I get caught up in listening and answering the trivia vs writing. 

3. The West Wing Weekly: So... I love West Wing. When I heard that Josh Molina (he played Will Bailey) and Hrishikesh Hirway (Song Exploder). It's an episode by episode discussion of the show with guests - past guests include Aaron Sorkin and stars of West Wing. For someone who loved the show and was sad when it ended (it was a perfect ending though), this is a very nice cherry on top. Also, hello perfect timing for this during the election season.

4. NaNoWriPod: Why, yes, there is a podcast centered around NaNoWriMo. They do other podcasts during the year, but it is mostly about the event we're all gearing up for. Or you might just be watching me gear up for it and laugh. That works too! 

5. Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me!: This is NPR's current events quiz that I like listening to here and there. Like with Good Job Brain!, I sometimes get too caught up with the trivia vs writing. But it's nice for a bit of a brain break, which we will all need during the month.

6. TWiB Prime with Elon James White: This is my bonus and has a special place for me. There are a ton of politics and going off the rails but they speak about current events with a spin that I don't hear anywhere else. Also, they cover stories that you sometimes won't hear on the regular news, which I think is always an added bonus. You can also find them on YouTube at Blackness.TV or search for twib. It'll be the first search result that comes up.

Also, T-minus 3 days until NaNoWriMo! Are you ready yet? I am! Have a good weekend everyone - see you Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...