Monday, October 10, 2016

Just Breathe

I'm writing this post around 12:30 in the morning on October 10th. I just let Cookie out so she could get in another bathroom break before bed and it was quiet outside. A chill in the air and a smell... just grass and leaves and I suddenly felt transported back to Beloit College. It reminded me of my friends, who are now scattered to all parts of the US (and world), along with the memories of walking along campus around midnight. Running for ice cream at the 24 hour Cubs Foods (no longer there) and slowly walking back. Or going for a ride to the 24 hour Perkins in Janesville that is still there (the Beloit one is gone and now a Buffalo Wild Wings).

So, with 22 days left to NaNoWriMo, I highly recommend that you go out and breathe. Take in a good deep breath of the air at whatever type of day you're reading this and brain dump your memories. From that, pick out what you love about them and see if you can't put them into the story that is slowly building.

We'll be back tomorrow with character building. For now, let's all go take a big giant breath in and out to remember our loved ones, near and far, maybe gone but never forgotten. Until next time, keep on writing and plotting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...