Tuesday, January 3, 2017

This Year's Goal: Progress, Not Perfection

Gather 'round everyone and come to see the WriYe Blogging Circle post for January. It also explains the title of this blog post and what I'm going to try to make my mantra for 2017. We're going for progress, not absolute perfection. To be published, not fully polished but polished enough that they'll take the book seriously. In other words, get things done and not worry if they're going to be perfect. Get the words on the page and make sure that you're moving forward instead of staying in one place.

What is your WriYe goal for the year and why did you choose it?
It's 200,000 words, with at least 50,000 of those words to be written in November for NaNoWriMo. This is based off of a challenge idea from Keri of WriYe to finish off some trilogies or series this year. You have to write and edit at least three of a series or a trilogy. I'm going to start with Mystery of the Dark - there's one in editing mode, one in writing mode, and one in plot mode - and then go from there. Watchers will be next, followed by Power (oh everything help me), and then others.

What are you going to be focusing on this year? 
I'm focusing on getting published with Mystery of the Dark while continuing to write with different projects. We'll see how it goes but that's the plan for the moment. After that, I'm going to focus on new and old projects so I have something else to put out there as well.

What are you doing differently this year compared to last year?
I'm focusing on the way forward rather than deciding to be perfect with everything. If words on the page, then it's a win for the day because that's more words than I had before. If I don't do anything for the day, then I'm not going to blame myself. I have to learn to love a bit of myself as well during the process and not worry about what else could be done. I need to focus on what I do get done and celebrate that.

So, what are you focusing on in 2017? What projects are you starting? Feel free to comment below and, until next time, keep on writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...