Friday, December 30, 2016

WriYe Blogging Circle: My Five Writing Resolutions

Happy Friday and happy New Year to everyone as well! This is our last Friday Five for 2016 and I thought it would be nice to share my writing resolutions for 2017. These are half resolutions and half goals because I've been starting to think of my resolutions as my goals. They are things that I want to do and succeed at and not just be aimless on.

So, without further ado, let's get into my five writing resolutions / goals for 2017.

1. Stop dragging my feet on editing. I am a person who loves being able to write and I am not a fan of editing. However, I know that I won't be taken seriously unless I edit. I have to find a new way to look at editing for it to be fun but I haven't found it yet. Other than paying someone else to do it for me.

2. Let's get published this year and not worry about the fact that vampires are going out of fashion. My book is strong on it's own and has good characters. I don't need to be a trend setter or rest on a trend. It's going to be awesome and I need to get out of my way and go for it. Also, this means learning how to comfortably talk about my book with complete strangers while it's sometimes difficult to even let my own family / close friends know. So, yeah, big goal here.

3. No more lazy writing! No more white room syndrome or blank character syndrome - when a character goes into something or meets someone, there's a description. No leaving a note to come back and do it, no going <room description> or anything else. Commit, write it out, clean it up in editing to make a complete scene.

4. Read more, especially not in my genre. As you can see from my Goodreads tracker, so I failed last year with trying to read. I think, for 2017, I'm going to set it to 20 and get there. Then up it by five and see how far I get. That might mean that book reviews might come back and it might not. I know, as I read more, I get more ideas or I find ways to be more creative in my own writing. So, yes, that needs to happen.

5. Keep up with the blog more than I have been. I'm going to try and be better in 2017 than I was this year. It might mean that I'm only posting once or twice a week but it'll be consistent. It won't just be the Friday Five and I'm not sure if I'll be continuing them either. I do appreciate everyone who is reading my posts and I thank you for coming.

Well, that's my five for 2017. I need to figure out how I'm going to track them, but I think I'll be able to figure it out. Until next time, keep on writing and have a safe and happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...