Friday, December 16, 2016

Friday Five: My Favorite TV Christmas Episodes

Happy Friday! Celebrate the end of the week guys and let's get into some of my favorite holiday / Christmas episodes. These aren't ranked but just the five that has the most impact on me. By the way, there will be spoilers but these are all shows that have been out for a while. So, caution while reading.



1. Noel, The West Wing: Yes, shocking, The West Wing is on my list. This episode is in the second season and uses the holiday in a way that I wouldn't have thought of. Josh, who got shot, is suffering from PTSD and his trigger is music. Toby, who doesn't know about Josh's suffering (none of us do until the end of the episode), has been making sure that there's music in the lobby of the White House. The music in Josh's brain is transferring into sirens, which is why he's been exploding at everyone and having some violent tendencies. The way that it is wrapped together is beautiful and I think one of the better done episodes.

2. Xmas Story, Futurama: This is another episode that takes what is supposed to be nice and good during Christmas - Santa - and turns it on it's head. Santa is a killer robot who goes after anyone caught out after sundown. It was due to a programming error back when a company decided to create a robot Santa to do Santa's job. Of course, Fry is caught out after sundown because he had to get Leela a perfect present to make up for her horrible Christmases as a child. It gets nice and fuzzy at the end and no murdering because the Robot Santa realizes the true spirit of Christmas is alive.

3. Damned If You Do, House, M.D. - A nun comes in to be treated and House thinks that the rash is due to dish soap at the nunnery. Unlike the other House episodes around the Christmas season that I remember, this had a lot more to do with the religious aspects around the holiday than anything else. Of course, it's dealing with a nun, so of course there is. House figures it out that it's a copper allergy from a copper IUD when the nun starts shouting that she has God inside of her while in a hypoallergenic room. It was also one of the odder House episodes and that's saying a lot if you think about that series.

4. Jingle Balls, Will & Grace - The reason this is on my list is that I loved the series when it was on. Plus, there's talks of a revival on Netflix or NBC and I might have squeed while reading that article. Going back on track, I love this episode because, while Jack gets Grace's dream job, she decides to help him anyways in the true meaning of Christmas. He got a job decorating Barney's windows, something she wanted, and he's made a big ass mess but she helps him. When he thinks that Santa did it, she lets him. It's such a good fuzzy feeling episode and I highly recommend you go watch it. It's a show where you don't need to see all the episodes to know what's going on.

5. The Strike, Seinfeld - So, confession time. While I do not like Seinfeld as a complete series, there are episodes that I love. This is one of them because we're introduced to the idea of Festivus and the airing of the grievances. Yes it's a tense episode and things make little sense, but it has such a great idea at the core. It's something that we might want to think of doing during the holiday time, especially with the new year coming up, and letting go of what's been holding us back emotionally. So, that's why it's on the list.

Did I miss your favorite Christmas episode? If I did, feel free to leave a comment or poke me on Facebook or Twitter. Until next time, happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...