Friday, December 9, 2016

Friday Five: Favorite Christmas Songs / Carols

Happy Friday everyone! Let's get a-going with this short but fun list about Christmas carols. Or not so Christmas carols but we'll get into it.

1. Carol of the Bells - This is, hands down, my favorite carol of all time. I love nearly every variation of it, from traditional to modern, and I feel like it's one of the unsong heros of the holiday season. You don't really hear it played over and over again like others that feel like nails on chalkboard. This is just nice and easy to listen to, especially when you have a full choir doing the melody.

2. Ding Dong Merrily on High - This is my randomly start singing song when I have nothing on because I forget all of the words but the long drawn out Gloria. Everything else gets hummed but that little part is the one that I remember. I'm not sure what that says about me or the song, but it's another one of those nice little tunes that doesn't get played enough during the holidays. Probably due to the entire religious thing but eh. I still like it and I'm really not all that religious.

3. We Wish You a Merry Christmas - One of the songs of the season but yet it doesn't irrate me that I'd hear it about a million times a day. As long as it's not by the same singer and we're good. What people don't really know is the second verse, which is about figgy pudding, doesn't really get sung all that much. It also usually gets tied up with other songs.

4. Felix Navidad - It's not Christmas time until I hear this song at least once on the radio. You might be wondering how it has it's own number but it's completely different from the one above. For one, a good part of it is in Spanish and two... I like it more. A lot more. I dare you to not dance when you're listening to it, even while sitting down.

5. Mary Did You Know? - So, I only first heard of this song a few years ago when Pentatonix did a cover of it. What I didn't realize is that it was first written in 1991 by Mark Lowry and Buddy Greene. In 1996, it started to become more popular and people started to cover it. Another thing that I didn't know is that it also became a musical, which is interesting, but you should go and find Pentatonix's version.

So, that's my top five. Did I miss one or do you agree with the list? Feel free to leave a comment below or poke me over on Facebook or Twitter. Until next time, happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...