Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Monday and Tuesday Gratitude

Two for the price of one here because, like with all good intentions, I seem to off the road as soon as I got on it. I am fighting off the start of a cold or the flu or something but yeah, I am sick. It's not fun. However, we've got a plot twist coming up.

I am grateful for the fact that I can be sick and there are no big world ending things that'll happen to my life for being sick. A lot of people, like retail workers, cannot say the same thing and they usually have to go in sick. So do a lot of other people. The US is crap when it comes to PTO - paid time off - and it is hit and miss at every company you work at. Nobody should have to worry about money coming in or bills being paid when they're sick. They should be worried about getting well and making sure their family stays well when they're sick. This goes for any sort of illness - chronic, acute (colds and flu fall here), mental - it shouldn't matter how you're sick, just that you can get the time off and get yourself well.

So, yes, today, I am grateful that I could call yesterday a sick day and today too. Probably tomorrow as well but we'll see. Maybe, someday, we'll get to the point where everyone can relax and focus on getting better than on the fact that they need to work to survive.

Until tomorrow everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...