Wednesday, February 28, 2018

February in Review: Wow, That Went Better

I feel like I blinked and February is over. That's what happens when it's the shortest month of the year and I feel like I've done a lot. I also got sick, which was so freaking annoying, but it gave me a very good excuse to watch the Olympics. Also, people crabbing that the USA didn't win enough can go away. We got the gold in women's hockey after 20 years of losing to Canada. We got gold in men's curling for the first time ever. So what we didn't do that great in other categories? Part of that, like figure skating, is the fact that we need to up our program. Also, it would be great if the guys didn't fall so much but apparently I'm in the minority on that. Oh well.

Right, February review. Let's get back on track. Mystery of the Dark re-edits are done and it is out to readers! Readers who, at the moment, are enjoying it and put the idea in my head that Mark might be better as gay. To be honest, I've entertained that idea far too much in my head and it would be so easy to change Celestrina to Celestrino. That might be happening, which is great, and yeah. Book 1 is done until I get my reader's feedback so it's been put away.

Now, book 2 - Sleight of Hand - is still a bit clunky. I've got where I want to start, but the outline is still unfinished. I decided to start writing and see where I go with it. I know what I want to focus on, but this is the hart part of taking it out of my brain and putting it on paper. I need someone to get on the idea where you can just plug your brain in and it just spews out everything into a word document. That would make my life a whole lot easier.

Also, books! I finished World War Z which had a lot more realism than I expected it to. I expected it to be more zombie focus and less human focus, probably due to the movie, and it was the opposite. It was an excellent book and I have way too many parts highlighted but it was a ton better than the movie. I wish, instead of the movie, that we could have a TV series focused on the different parts of the book. Tell it in flashbacks or something, but yeah, it needed a better adaptation than it got. I also read, in a day, Dragonsinger because it's been a while since I read it. I can't remember where I left off in the Dragonriders of Pern series, but I'll probably figure it out soon enough. I do remember enough of the series so I won't be lost, so that's good too.

How did your February go? Feel free to leave it in the comments or hit me up on Twitter at CrescentLizzy. Until next time, happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...