Friday, February 2, 2018

February Goals

No fancy banner this month, just a list of what needs to get done. I'm in this place where black and white lists seem like the best thing right now. I'm also taking a mental health day, where the only thing that's getting done is this blog post, so there's that as well. I did a project last night that just took all my mental energy, even though I got paid, and I'm just not having it with doing anything today. So, that's that. I know I need to work better on it, but that's for another day and post.

This month, the goals are:

  • Mystery of the Dark re-edits
  • Send out Mystery of the Dark to readers
  • Start working on query letters
  • Finish working out plot threads for Sleight of Hand
  • Outline Sleight of Hand
  • Start writing Sleight of Hand by the 16th-20th
  • Read World War Z for book group
  • Try to finish Magic's Price
The reason why this is a bit heavy on the Mystery of the Dark stuff is... I should have the re-edits of the second and the third chunk by the end of this weekend / next weekend. The re-edits, where I put in things that I might have missed, are going insanely fast. Like I blink between one edit and the next and I've jumped multiple chapters fast. The thing that's going to eat at my mental worry this month is the query letters because I'm only sending it out to readers who are going to be sending me love back in the form of their criticism. So, there's that. I really want to get Sleight of Hand to writing mode by the middle of the month, if not sooner, because the week where February goes into March, I will have very little responsibilities at home in terms of taking care of the dog. I want to channel the free time into writing time with a good mix of downtime. 

So those are the goals for February. What are your goals for the month? Comment below or hit me up on Twitter and I'll catch you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...