Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Blogging A to Z Post Three: Curious



Have you ever tried to describe curious off the top of your head? What does it look like? To me, it looks like someone turning over a puzzle a few times to get the solution or reading the back of a book to see if they might like it. However, when it comes to trying to describe it in my writing, I trip over myself. I'm probably not the only person who does it but it also feels stupid when I do. I mean, seriously, I'm a writer. I know what curiosity looks like from my own actions and others, so why is it so hard?

Well, for one, I'm probably overthinking it. For two, what is curious for me is not for you. Maybe reading the back of the book isn't curious but questioning. Aren't those the same things though? By the definition of the word, yes, but from person to person? Probably not. This is another problem, at least for me, when I'm trying to write. I overthink and then I have a ton of things to edit because I went with the short version. The short version doesn't help anybody but my editor and she's probably annoyed with me not describing things. Or telling instead of showing.

Anyways, what are the ways that you are showing off curiosity in your characters? Feel free to leave a comment below or hit me up on twitter at CrescentLizzy. Until next time, keep on writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...