Monday, April 3, 2017

Blogging A to Z Post Two: Bored



I keep on going back and forth if I want this to be bored or boredom. Bored is where you don't have anything to focus your mind on and boredom is the state of being bored. You can't have one without the other and, yet, I find myself being bored more times than I find myself boredom. It doesn't last long because I can find something that needs or wants to be done, but it does happen.

Speaking of boredom, you should, as always, show it instead of telling it. If a character is bored, then I recommend doing what you would do when bored. When I used to get bored in class or in a meeting, I'd doodle in my notes. It might seem like something really silly and unprofessional, but it helped me pay attention. I could do better on a test or focus on a meeting point better if I kept my hands busy to relieve the boredom of the meeting. You could do the same or, sometimes when I'm out with people and bored, I'll play with the sleeve of my Starbucks cup, tearing it apart to make up little things of art. Yes, I'm strange, but I'm able to focus better if my hands are busy.

Just some things to think about in life and in writing. What about you and your ways to relieve yourself of boredom? Feel free to comment below or feel free to hop over to twitter to reply to me at CrescentLizzy. Until next time, keep on writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...