Saturday, April 1, 2017

Blogging A to Z Post One: Anxiety



Welcome to day 1 of the A to Z blogging challenge. I was going to start off with the idea of alliteration but... I dunno. I feel like it's already done, by better people than me, and the idea about anxiety came to me in the shower. Yes, like a great deal of other people, writers and non-writers alike, I get a lot of my ideas in the shower. Second best place is doing dishes and third is while cleaning / running the vacuum.

Anxiety, to me, comes in many different forms and strikes without warning. I could be puttering around the house and suddenly I'll get hit with worry about something that has or hasn't been done. Sometimes it'll be late at night and I'll worry about the fact that I'll never get anything published and so on. It's not great or fun or glamorous. I wish I could get rid of it. I know there are a ton of ways to do so but it also feels like that's for other people. I know that's bullshit and all but it is what it is. It's where I am with my anxiety and how it effects my life. It's not like I'm getting panic attacks or anything that stops me from living my life, so I feel like I should just get on with life.

I really wish that it was that easy. There are days where it's that easy and there are days where I just curl up into a ball. I'm getting better, where I have easier days than most, and those come with writing or feeling like I'm doing something. Moving forward helps with my anxiety, even if it's just a few words or a page edited, it's still something. It's something that I can see or hold in my hand, depending on what I'm doing, and that is the true helping hand in the end.

What's your ways to combat your anxiety? Do you have coping methods / foods / drinks on the days where it's really bad (mine's coffee). Feel free to comment below or wave hello on twitter at CrescentLizzy. Until next time, keep on writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...