Tuesday, July 5, 2016

WriYe Blogging Circle: Rawr Brains...

Hello!  July, unofficially for me and the wonderful people at WriYe, we celebrate zombies during the month of July.  It started up as a silly challenge, with deciding what to write for the month, and we came up with zombies.  I think we've been doing it since 2009, back when JulNo was still up and running so before Camp NaNoWriMo, and it's a long standing tradition.  It's not one that I've completed.  I've started a few different zombie ideas, like one where the zombie virus came from bad rice, and it goes to the one that I'm working on for July that ties into Arthurian Mythology.  That's also my main project for the month too.

Let's go into the questions.  Feel free to answer the questions in the comments as well or comment on either Facebook or Twitter.

Do you have a writing tradition of your own?
The only other writing tradition I have is NaNoWriMo.  Every November, I clear my schedule and write until I get to 50,000 words or the end of my novel.  I would like to grow more, but I'm not sure of how to do so.  I think it needs to be something that can grow into a habit and then into a tradition.  But, at the moment, no, I don't really have any other traditions than Zombie July and NaNoWriMo.

How did it come about?
Well, it came about by trying it once before and then finally succeeding.  I think that's another thing a tradition needs.  You need to be successful or have a happy outcome to keep on wanting to do the tradition.  Even though I don't win Zombie July, I like to do it because of the sense of community, which is a happy outcome.  I would make sure that, if you want to start a tradition, that you make sure you know what the outcome could be or what would be happy for you if you don't reach the goal.  The sense of community became just as much fun as trying to get to the end of the story and so I kept on trying.  It was the same as NaNoWriMo until I won too.  So you need to make sure that you are getting something pleasurable out of it or you won't keep on trying and it won't become a tradition.

So, dear readers, as I said before, feel free to answer the same question in the comments.  And, until next time, keep on writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...