Monday, November 7, 2016

NaNoWriMo Week One Recap

Happy Monday everyone! The first week of NaNoWriMo is coming to a close. If you're participating, you're going to want your word count for the end of the night be as close as possible to 13,333. However, if you're not even close or if you're miles away, you're doing a stellar job! You have more words than you had the day before or even a week ago. That's the important part - you have words. You have words that are slowly becoming a novel. You might not do anything with those words in the end, but they're out of your head. They are on the paper or word document and you'll be able to do something more than just dream with them.

Now, I'm not going to lie. I'm ahead of the word count that's needed at the end of the day. However, I believe in the idea of a cushion in case something happens. As much as I like to think that November is a magical month where all I do is write, that doesn't happen. There was baseball into the first few days of November, as well as a lot of celebrating breaking a 108 year curse, and now we have the election. That's just in general. In specific, I had guests this weekend and I'm going to have friends visiting me on Wednesday. Then there's Thanksgiving and the cleaning that goes along with Thanksgiving. Plus putting up the Christmas tree and shopping and... well, you see why I want a cushion.

Now, you might not need a cushion. You might be able to just chug along and nothing is going to stop you. If that's true, then that's great. May I please have your life? - am just joking. However, I would still recommend pushing yourself. If not for the cushion, then for possibly finishing a few days earlier or pushing yourself past the 50,000 word mark and more towards the complete end of your story mark.

I'm going to get back to writing, after I put a load of laundry in, but one last thing before I go. Do not forget to back up your work! Either to Google Docs or via email. Go out and buy a cheap 2 GB flash drive so you also have your work off site too. Just make sure that you do not lose your novel, so back it up!

Until next time, keep on writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...