Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Day One of NaNoWriMo

Hey all. Thought I would come over and say that I've written 5,259 words as of the time writing this blog post. I'm writing it at 12:10 in the morning because I'm too buzzed from the combination of starting NaNo and the Cubs winning game 6. There's going to be history either way tomorrow and, honestly, I'm happy either way. I really want a Cubs win but, either way, we have not gone quietly into that night.

Aside from word count - which I recommend everyone comment to show off theirs or shout it from the rooftops (Twitter works too) - I noticed something when I started writing at midnight. With every little step, one word in front of the other, I felt a lot better. I felt like I was doing what I was supposed to do. This project, at this moment, because it is the one project that matters. Everything snapped together. Even though it's a second book, even though I'm not done editing the first book (oi)... it felt very good to write.

I hope that everyone else is getting the same feeling. Not that everything is perfect but it feels good to get the story in your head on paper. It's not going to be perfect - I know mine isn't - but it is going to be a lot better than the story being locked in your head.

Just write. One word in front of the other. You can do it. Until next time, keep on writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Website

This blog will no longer be update. You can now find me at  my website  where I will be now doing updates. Thank you for following this...